Wedding Planning Tips For Your Alabama Nuptials
If you're recently engaged or you're simply trying to find the perfect location for your wedding in Alabama, the process of planning your wedding and finding the perfect venue can seem a little overwhelming at times.
Once your groom has popped the question, you'll need to take care of a few simple steps in your wedding planning to get the ball rolling such as:
- Announcing your engagement
- Deciding on a wedding budget
- Deciding whether you'll hold the wedding close to home or away
- Deciding on a time and date for your wedding
- Deciding whether you need a wedding planner
With all these steps out of the way, now is the time to get organized, so you're well and truly ahead of the game in your wedding planning and can enjoy the lead up to your big day without the stress and worry of finding wedding services at the last minute.
Once your date is set, it's time to start getting organized. Ideally, you'll need as much time as possible as many vendors and wedding suppliers are booked a year in advance, so you will need to ensure you're super prepared so you can book vendors that are perfect for you and your groom.
Here's a list of things you might consider arranging once you've locked in your wedding date:
- Start scouting out suitable venues for your ceremony and reception - if possible, finding a venue that has space for both in the one location is ideal and will allow your guests to remain in the one location
- Select your bridesmaids and groomsmen if you are having a bridal party
- Start looking at wedding photographers in and around the wedding venue
- Start looking for videographers in the local area of your wedding venue
- Explore wedding stationary and decide on the theme for your wedding
- Look at wedding cars if these are required
- Put together a rough guest list so you can be clear on approximate numbers
- Start exploring ideas for your honeymoon
- Consider if you would like a cocktail function or a sit-down meal for your wedding dinner
- Determine what sort of ceremony you would like - whether it be religious or more of a relaxed and casual affair with a celebrant
Choosing the perfect venue is by far one of the most important elements of a wedding and sets the scene for the day and the entire celebration. Finding the right venue can be tricky, and it is well worth doing your research and exploring an option that suits you and your groom to a tee.
Selecting a venue that offers plenty of inclusions and works with the bride and groom will help to reduce stress and create the perfect wedding day.
When you're looking at venues, it is important to ask about whether you need to hire tables and chairs, what wet weather options are available, whether there are enough toilets for guests, what menu options there will be, whether there is adequate space for guests and so much more.
River Rest Weddings is located on Lake Logan Martin, a peaceful and secluded area close to Talladega, Alabama. The beautiful lakefront home has a private beach and overlooks two and a half miles of stunning lake, the perfect location for your wedding celebration.
The picture-perfect location for brides and grooms looking for a beautiful lakeside wedding experience with plenty of space, natural beauty, and wonderful hospitality, the River Rest Bed and Breakfast is fast becoming a popular option for lakeside weddings in Alabama.
River Rest Weddings features a range of venue options for your celebration including three living rooms, five guest bedrooms, private golf carts, a hot tub, and an entertainment den for the wedding after party or simply relaxing with your wedding guests. The venue has everything you need for hosting the perfect wedding celebration in one convenient and stunning venue and is the perfect choice for couples looking for a venue that is relaxed, beautiful and exclusive.
Located less than an hours drive from Birmingham, Alabama and only two hours from Montgomery and Huntsville, the idyllic resort home is surrounded by three miles of delightful Alabama countryside and is the perfect location for a relaxing lakeside wedding celebration.
If you're in the process of planning your wedding and you're looking for the perfect venue for your special day, look no further than the River Rest Bed and Breakfast and River Rest Weddings.
Contact River Rest Bed and Breakfast today to discuss availabilities for your wedding date and arrange a personalized tour of our lakeside property.